Saturday, September 13, 2008

La Virage





About a five minute walk from our bungalow is the beach La Virage. Buddy loves playing fetch here and the kids, who are at first very afraid of Buddy, love to throw the ball for him. Usually, when we go, we see people we know. Today we saw colleagues Cory and Thia and a bunch of high school students from our school. Today, two guys tried to tell me in French that it costs money to come to the public beach. I love playing dumb! All I say is, "Je ne comprends pas" smile and walk away. It actually is a very nice beach and I love being so close. Gabbie comes here to surf as well. I haven't been out yet... scared I guess. The woman in the traditional Senegalese dress is a vender. They love me here because I always buy stuff. Today within thirty minutes I bought two necklaces, a wooden mask, and some peanut brittle. I had to pass on the Betty Boop towel, ran out of money. Oh well! Maybe next time.

3 comments:

Linda said...

looks like a beautiful beach.

Heather Olson said...

Wow! Hi mom I am so glad you left a comment. It is beautiful. It does get crowded sometimes, like any good beach. We like it though. Wish I could take you.

Linda said...

I really enjoy your blog and check it daily, sometimes more I look forward to sharing your adventure,even if it's just on the computer.