Saturday, February 14, 2009

Falling Actions






I guess I must have hit some weird peek because suddenly being here isn't so bad. The weather is nice, I have accepted that it will never be like home, and we are finding some places that are peaceful. Like a beach that isn't filthy with garbage and almost completely free of vendors. Last week I strung up the hammock in our top balcony area. When I come home from work I lay there for about thirty minutes and listen to the ocean and birds. Gabbie and I joke about the men that pee and wash themselves on the side of the road or the peds that dart in front of our car. We found the Vietnamese restaurant we went to earlier in the year and couldn't find. Last week a parent emailed me to just to say what an excellent job I was doing. So, in all, I am doing better!

This weekend is known as WAIST, a three day softball tournament and longest running sport conference in West Africa. Today was a blast and we didn't lose any games. I will update the blog soon. For now, check out the Vietnamese joint we enjoy.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I am glad you are finding some peace there, you have always been able to find the good in any situation, yet another reason I admire you!
Miss you though, so don't get too comfortable there, as there are many fish here in the pacific that are just so excited to get on your fishing line! Love you more and more, mom

Heather Olson said...

Thanks mom and trust me, I am coming home. I love you too.

Wintry said...

Glad you are feeling better about things. I am too! Wish we could hop on the next plane and come visit you. Maybe during year two! We miss you guys!!!