Friday, March 6, 2009

Tanji Fishing Village




p

The Sheraton gardener, Bamba, offered to take us fishing today. We met up at ten o'clock and drove to nearby fishing village/market named Tanji. Bamba and his friend walked us around, we exchanged some CFA for some dalasi, bought some bait, and hit the water. The kids flocked to us. A little girl (pictured), came right up to Gabbie and held her hand for an extended amount of time. The fishing wasn't very good. I wasn't as prepared as I should have been. At least I had my rod and the small necessities. I caught a little guy and let him go. Bamba caught none.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I liked your dance moves!! Do you think you could teach mr some of them??? :)
The fish look a little skimpy, but they will grow and next time it will be better.
Miss you both, and I really do love your blogs.
Love you too! Mom