Saturday, April 3, 2010

Paris: Natural History Museum and Notre Dame














Yesterday we hit the streets again to explore. We first headed the the Natural History Museum which was surrounded by a beautiful garden. The exhibits were well put together and very accessible for children because they were not behind glass. I saw lots of kids go up to a piece and walk around and at times even touch it. No fancy plastic computer generated exhibits, just stuffed animals and plaques. This might help explain France's appreciation for science, they train children how to look at and question objects? My point is that the exhibit was not for entertainment, but for learning.

After that we went to a movie theatre and saw Alice in Wonderland. Tim Burton's version of the two books put together was great! I got sucked into the mall after the movie and Gabbie quickly dragged me out (not without a fight). I am glad she did because close was Notre Dame and when we walked in the Good Friday service was being held. The singing was eerie and the stained glass phenomenal.

On top of that, we found an outdoor market and bought some olives, stumbled upon the Hotel De-Ville, and had a beer in a nice pub. Another great day in Paris!


1 comment:

Linda said...

OMG what a trip you are having...I am jealous!! But boy am I glad you both got out of Dodge, and what a wonderful place to spend your 4th anniversary!!! The pictures are great, when I go there again I will follow some of your journeys. Thanks for taking the time to put up the photos. I love you Mom