Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Spain: Ramblas Market







Right off the Ramblas in Barcelona is a wonderful market where you can find all the good food one can only dream about (especially when they are in Senegal). As you can see, I was attracted to the ham section. Yes, we bought a ham leg. Yes, it wasn't cooked and yes, I liked it. Cutting it as thin as they do is a skill I found difficult to acquire. The olives were so good we named our new cat Olive. They were also reasonibly priced. Check out that those tuna chunks and that tuna's head, it was huge! I had a great time checking browsing and helping Stacey and Gabbie figure out what we wanted for Christmas dinner. We settled on a salad, ham, soft tacos (for me), and artichoke hearts.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Where did you gals stay in Barcelona?

Jen said...

This just sealed the deal with me. A ham leg and tuna steaks? I am so there.

Ms. Olson said...

We stayed right off the Ramblas. Nice little two bedroom apartment with a kitchen and balcony. It did get a little loud late at night because we were close to a night club. Next time I would choose Gracia.