Saturday, January 3, 2009

Spain: Around Town






Gabbie, Stacey, and I spent our winter break in Spain. We stayed in both Barcelona and Madrid. I love Spain! Barcelona is the bees knees. My favorite area was Gracia. It's been a long time since we could enjoy shopping, a variety of food, movies in English, cathedrals, and fine architecture. We tried to do it all, couldn't, and are now planning on going back. These pictures are us around town in Madrid and Barcelona. The water fountain I am drinking from is on the Ramblas and legend has it that if you drink from it, you will come back to Barcelona. I guzzled it! Watch the video of the Spanish guitar, it really sets the mood to our trip.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Barcelona RULZ. Did you get to check out any of the Gaudi architecture? I really liked Madrid, too. Great central park!

Heather Olson said...

Yes I did check out Gaudi. In fact one of the pics is a Gaudi.

Linda said...

YEA we get Heathers blogs again!!!!
It is so beautiful there, and the guitar music is wonderful. I hope you took a gulp of water from the fountain for me!!

Heather Olson said...

Sorry mom you'll have to meet me there and take a drink yourself :). How about we meet up in Barcelona for spring break/my birthday? I get the first two weeks of March and we could find a two bedroom apt. Let me know.