Monday, May 4, 2009

Popenguine









About 80 Kilometers (50 miles) south of Dakar is a great little beach getaway named Popenguine. Gabs and I were going to go to Saly but a friend of mine suggested that we go with her instead to Popenguine because Saly would be way too touristy and busy. I am so glad we took her advice. We rented a house that was right on the beach. We swam, fished (I didn't catch anything), surfed (mini beach break waves), and explored. The house had this wonderful kitchen that opened up to the ocean, it was great. It was also very relaxing and very close to Dakar. I have found my getaway. On the way home I leaned over to Gabbie and said, "I kinda like it here now".

1 comment:

Linda said...

I am glad you are enjoying it more there, just don't like it so much you don't want to come back:( Love you tons mom