Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chew Lan Lake













Today Gabs and I drove by car for about a half hour and then went by boat on the Chew Lan lake to check out some houseboats for rent and do a bit of swimming. Once we saw the places where tourists could sleep, we were thankful that we did not commit to an overnight stay. Anyhow, we arrived at houseboats, swam, ate lunch, drank some beer, kayaked around, and then swam some more. I found that life jackets are more fun when you sit on them. I floated around for about an hour. The water was lukewarm but refreshing. There was also a ladder you could jump off of and I had fun practicing my dives. 3:30 rolled around and we headed back. On the car ride home I saw men riding elephants, no big deal around here :). Tomorrow we have a chill day and then we are off to Karabi which is a bit more south.

2 comments:

Wintry said...

I love reading all your travel stories! Glad you are having so much fun!!

It's blustery and cold and supposed to rain for the next 6 months straight here in Portland. Enjoy the sun!!

Heather Olson said...

Thanks Wintry, I like writing and living the adventures :). I kinda miss the cool and rain too. The grass is always greener...
What I wouldn't give for an evening next to a wood stove, you, Paul, Gabbie, and a bottle of whiskey. Love and miss you guys!