Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Railay Bay

We are on the red dot, near Phuket.

Funny monkey!


Our home for now, the Railey Princess Resort and Spa. Can you see the pool right above the fish pond?


Thai longboats.


The tide is out.



Me climbing some limestone.


Gabbie did great! Can you see her up there?



That's the rock we climbed.




Our super nice guide "M".




A few days ago Gabbie and I traveled south to a beach/bay called Railay. We are staying at a well used resort called Railay Princess. There is a lot to do here like: rock climbing, SCUBA diving, fishing, snorkeling, and hiking. There are no cars here. Just a few tractors and many walkways. I pulled my right calf muscle running a few weeks ago and the injury has caught up to me. It's hard for me to get around and that is quite frustrating as I am an active person. Yesterday we climbed for half a day, even though my legs bums me out, it was still fun. I forgot how exciting rock climbing is. Gabbie and I have decided that when we get back to Portland, we will join the rock gym. It is great exercise and something fun for us to do together. Needless to say, I am sore today and regret not staying in the best of shape. Railay itself is beautiful. However, it is more touristy than Gabbie remembers. Something unique about this area are the monkeys. They are everywhere. I was feeding some from our porch last night. One actually took Gabbie's mango tango shake. That was hilarious! Check out the video.

No comments: