Friday, October 3, 2008

Camping: Sine-Saloum






What an adventure. The drive out of Dakar brought relief. Green fields, baobabs, and colonial French architecture was refreshing to see. The drive was a bit long but worth it. We actually had to park the car and take a boat to the island we camped on. The first night was exciting to say the least. I woke up to the silhouette of crabs scratching and crawling up my tent. At 6:00 AM I woke and saw the clouds coming in. It poured on us, hard! The wind was fierce too. Johan and Wayne had to hold their tents (with their wife and kids inside) to keep them from folding. it eventually stopped and we dried out. We did leave a day early because of the rain. However, I didn't mind because we were out of bait and couldn't do any more fishing. I want to go back, but maybe next time stay at a hotel.

Note: If you get a chance, look at the blog on my blog list (on the left) named Lariam Dreams. Gabbie went SCUBA diving and was filmed.

No comments: